Slab Leak Repairs
Slab leaks can cause extensive damage to your home. Since the leak occurs below your living spaces—even your basement—it can be hard to detect. Fortunately, our experienced plumbers can find these leaks and perform slab leak repair in San Diego, CA.
Slab Leak Repairs in San Diego County
Leaky pipes are annoying, but most of the time they are fairly easy to detect and repair before major damage occurs—but what happens when there’s a leak under your concrete foundation? This is called a slab leak, and it can cause all sorts of problems for you and your home. They most frequently occur in older homes where pipes have had time to corrode and become damaged due to shifting foundations; however, any house can experience this issue.
In many cases, the homeowner fails to notice a slab leak until the foundation begins buckling due to the uncontrolled flow of water. These leaks can—and sometimes do—cause extensive damage. Don’t let this happen to you—contact Rooter Solutions for slab leak detection in San Diego if you suspect that there is a slab leak on your property.
What Is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak is when there’s a leak below the concrete foundation on which your home is built, rather than from your above-ground plumbing. The slab sits above soil or gravel. Drain pipes, sewer lines, and other plumbing infrastructure pass through and under it. They can be affected by slab damage or develop leaks that compromise the slab and, ultimately, the structural integrity of your home.
Do I Have a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks are often difficult to detect because they originate in pipes that are hidden from sight under the foundation. Even so, there are certain signs that may indicate that you have a leak of this nature. Common signs you may need slab leak repairs include the following:
- High water bill– If your water bill has risen sharply for no apparent reason, it’s likely you have a leak somewhere. A slab leak isn’t the only possible cause of a high water bill, however, so it’s important to rule out other potential sources first.
- Drop in water pressure – Reduced water pressure, whether sudden or gradual over time, is a symptom of many plumbing issues but may be caused by slab leaks as well.
- Sound of running water– You keep hearing running water, even though all the faucets and water-using appliances are turned off. It may be a slab leak.
- Cracks in the foundation– This may indicate that the leaking water is beginning to damage the foundation of your home.
- Wet floor or carpet– Slab leaks sometimes lead to water making its way into your floors or carpets. The presence of mold is one symptom of this phenomenon.
- Water around the home– If you keep seeing water around the outer perimeter of your home, you could have a slab leak.
- Hot floors – If the bottom floor of your home, or parts of it, are unusually warm, your hot water line may be leaking or broken.
- Mold – Mold and mildew grow easily in the presence of moisture. If there’s mold under your carpets, the water source may be moisture from a slab leak.
If any of these problems develop, you should call a professional immediately.
Causes of Slab Leaks
Any slab leak a San Diego home might experience can be triggered by the following factors:
- Pressure – Shifting soil can displace, crack, and crush underground pipes. Materials that expand and contract with moisture conditions, such as clay, are more susceptible to causing pressure-related issues. An earthquake can put excess pressure on pipes and your slab as well.
- Abrasion – A pipe vibrates in response to the volume of water flowing through it. This ordinarily doesn’t harm the pipe, unless it rubs against another pipe, rebar, or concrete surface next to it, which can cause excess wear and holes to form.
- Corrosion – Corrosion can be triggered by metals in the soil underground pipes are in contact with. Over time, this can cause holes and leaks. Fortunately, we can provide slab leak repair in San Diego and deal with your corrosion problems as well.
Award-Winning Service With 30 Years of Combined Experience
Emergency Services Available & Fully Equipped for Large Jobs
Specials Available & No Interest Financing Up to 24 Months
Slab leaks aren’t all alike, and the nature of the repair depends on the age of the pipes, the location of the leak, and other factors. Your slab leak repair may involve fixing the leaky pipe, using epoxy coating in the inside of the pipes, or re-piping the system.
Our team of technicians will visit your home and conduct a thorough inspection to pinpoint the problem. Then we’ll figure out a plan to fix the leak. We can’t get started until you reach out to us, though. Contact Rooter Solutions San Diego by phone at (619) 404-3289 for a free consultation and to schedule slab leak repair in San Diego.
The Best Way to Fix a Slab Leak
Minor slab leaks can be fixed by replacing the damaged section of pipe or inserting an epoxy pipe lining to seal the leak. This avoids breaking through the foundation. An old pipe or one that’s in poor condition can be shut off and rerouted. In many cases, older plumbing systems that are prone to frequent leaks can be completely replaced by repiping the house. Opening the foundation to fix the pipe and the slab is the most complex and expensive of repairs.
“I am very grateful and extremely satisfied with the exceptional work ethic Rooter Solutions has bestowed upon our tenants. I highly recommend this company to everyone who needs Plumbing services.”